Friday, March 22, 2013

I haven't written or posted any new photos (or scrapbooked) lately because, like so many of you out there, I have been sick!!! Just a sore throat, headache, cough, congestion kind of thing but it has really wiped me out.

Looked a lot like this guy:



Felt a bit like this guy:



The funny thing is, when I'm sick and have no energy to create, I start creating in my mind. I'll think of photographs I really want to scrapbook, and I'll start to create a page in my head. If I'm up to it, I'll watch youtube videos of scrapbooking techniques or, as I've been doing lately, mixed media projects.

Here is one that I LOVE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPUPVJpvoag&feature=share&list=UUOrDn6PZwRJPJTU5gYP9-kw


I love how the finished product is shown right away (really helps to narrow down what videos are of interest if you can see the finished product first) and how detailed she is about her process. She has so many great videos that have totally inspired me to try mixed media.

So I'm finally starting to get "up and around" and I'm headed to Michael's today to buy a canvas and some matte Mod Podge and Gesso. I'll need to go to Home Depot for some chicken wire so I'm not sure when I'll get up the strength to do that, but, I'm excited about trying out my first mixed media project!

Have a look at the video and let me know what you think. Have you tried any mixed media projects? Have you taken a class on it? Share your thoughts and ideas, and remember -- keep washing those hands!! It seems to be a cold and flu season that won't give up easily!

Stay well, Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment